Council provides boat ramps at the following camping grounds:
There is a fee to use the boat ramps. This fee covers the cost of ramp, carpark and toilet maintenance. Ramp fees apply to powerboats and yachts only - not to rowers, kayaks or coracles.
You can purchase either a day ticket or a season ticket.
Boat ramp fees:
- Boat Ramp Daily Ticket - $5.00 per boat
- Boat Ramp Annual Ticket - $60.00 per boat.
The season the boat ramp ticket is valid for runs 1st July – 30th June
How to purchase a ticket
You can purchase tickets from the following locations:
- Council’s office in Oamaru (cash, Eftpos, internet banking). Please note, if you are paying by internet banking, you must contact the customer service team on 034330300 or firstname.lastname@example.org prior to making your payment so they can log all the relevant details for your ticket.
- Otematata On the Spot (cash, Eftpos)
- Kurow Auto Services (cash, Eftpos)
- The Camp Supervisor by calling 027 686 6901 (cash, Eftpos)*
If purchasing a season ticket for a boat ramp at one of the camping grounds please go to the registration booth, complete the details on one of the envelopes, then contact the camp supervisor to arrange payment and to get your season ticket issued.
Please ensure you display your full season ticket so it can be easily seen.
Note: Otematata Boat Harbour Season tickets are only available from Waitaki District Council or Camp Supervisor
* Limited cell reception at Falstone Creek - pre-purchase season tickets or cash only for casual camping
How to purchase a boat ramp ticket by credit card or internet banking
Step 1: Contact the Customer Liaison Team on 03 433 0300 or email@example.com . Make sure you have your registration details (your name, address, phone number, boat name and trailer registration) ready.
Step 2: They will give you bank account details for online payment or take your credit card payment.
Step 3: Once your payment is confirmed, your ticket will be posted to you.