SiteWise is a prequalification system that grades a contractor’s health & safety capability and publishes that grade in a database that can be viewed by main contractors and principal organisations. This allows for better contractor selection and an easier tendering process for everyone involved.
Developed by Site Safe NZ Inc. to assist and support contractors to improve their safety systems, it is particularly helpful for smaller contractors (SME).
It enables contractors to submit their health and safety systems, then provide annual evidence for review and independent assessment. Designed to ensure that the minimum level of health and safety knowledge and compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 is met, it also encourages continuous improvement in health and safety practices.
- A representative of your company will need to sign up to the SiteWise website
- Complete and submit a brief online questionnaire, and provide examples of some supporting information. Your registration in year 1 allows you 3x assessments within that year. In subsequent years you can submit only one assessment per year
- The questionnaire is then assessed by a Health and Safety professional and a grading is awarded
- Contractors need to achieve ‘Green’ status, which is achieving at least 75% in their assessment, or be working towards it within a mutually-agreed timeframe
Waitaki District Council is fully committed to working with industry at all levels to improve the overall Health and Safety practices and culture in any work that we do or engage contractors to do for Council. Because SiteWise will assist all contractors to learn more about their compliance obligations and offers tools and resources to assist in making improvements, participation is encouraged and expected.
If you’d like to talk to us please contact: the Council officer you are dealing with, or the Waitaki District Council H&S Advisor on 03 433 0300 or email@example.com.
The SiteWise team are also available at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sarah on 021 717 586 for Level 3 enquiries
- Nigel on 021 324 923 for Level 2 and 1 enquiries