Planning and Resource Consents

When you wish to build or use your land in a way that does not comply with the rules of the Waitaki  District Plan you need to get special permission, in the form of a resource consent. The Resource Management Act 1991 deals with the inclusion, change or cancellation and review of resource consent conditions. It is the main law controlling the use of land, soil, water and air, as well as subdivision and noise.