Community Group Grants
Community Group Grants (CGG) have been established by Waitaki District Council to assist non-profit organisations and groups based in the Waitaki District with projects. A project may include one-off programmes, services or activities that benefit the community.
- Funding is for one-off costs associated with a project/programme/service or activity.
- Ongoing funding will not be considered.
- There are two funding rounds per annum (1 July - 30 June) with a total of $75,000 available to cover both funding rounds.
Applications for the next funding round open on 16 August 2021 and close on Friday 22 October 2021.
Does your community group need a grant for a Council Fee?
There is a small amount available on a yearly basis to help community groups with Council fees - road closures, liquor licences. If you feel this applies to your group fill in this form and attach it to your application.
The objectives of Community Group Grants are to:
- Assist groups to meet the needs of the community
- Support projects/programmes/services or activities that demonstrate local initiative.
Recipients of funding through the Community Group Grants are required to complete an Accountability Form within which they must:
- Specify how the grant was spent and attach evidence of expenditure - such as receipts, invoices or signed statements.
- Report the benefits of having received the assistance.
The accountability form for organisations must be returned within 6 months of having received the funding. Organisations that do not complete and return this accountability form will not be eligible for further funding from the Waitaki District Council.
For further information on Community Group Grants, Please contact telephone 03 433 0300 or email email@example.com