Waitaki Biodiversity Fund
The fund application opens now till 24 Feb. The next run will be open from 1 April to 25 August.
What’s it for?
This $30,000 annual fund has been established to support landowners who are taking practical steps to protect and enhance indigenous biodiversity in the Waitaki District, principally on private land.
- Protection of native habitat through fencing and other measures.
- Long term legal protection of native habitat through covenants (i.e. QEII).
- Management of threats to biodiversity such as pest animals and weeds.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for funding a project should either:
- Be protected by a formal covenant (i.e. QEII), OR:
- Be recognised as a Significant Natural Area, OR:
- Meet the Significant Natural Area criteria
If you are unsure whether you are eligible please contact the Biodiversity Coordinator for more information. You can contact them by email email@example.com, over the phone 03 433 0300 or by completing the Biodiversity enhancement enquiry form in the link below and return it to Council.
Our planning team staff are more than happy to answer any questions you have on the Biodiversity fund.
Download a printable pdf form: Waitaki biodiversity fund application form.(PDF, 310KB)
Recipients of funding through the Waitaki Biodiversity Fund are required to complete an Accountability Form within which they must:
- Describe how the grant was spent and attach evidence of expenditure - such as receipts, invoices or signed statements.
- Report the benefits of having received the assistance.
Download a printable pdf form: Waitaki biodiversity fund accountability form.(PDF, 178KB)