To find information the Council holds about a property, you can:
What is a LIM?
A Land Information Memorandum (LIM) is a document containing information Council holds about a specific property. Anyone can apply for a LIM for any property within the Waitaki District.
A LIM can include the following information:
- Rates payable for the property for the current financial year
- Planning information - for example resource consents, planning zones
- Protected buildings and trees, and historic buildings
- Building permits, consents and code compliance certificates
- Building warrants of fitness
- Access to water, sewer, stormwater and drainage services
- Any special characteristics of the land or buildings
- Any requisitions issued by the Council within the property
How to apply for LIM
While applications may be submitted by email to email@example.com, Council will not process applications until payment is received.
- A copy of the Certificate of Title for the property is required for us to process a LIM.
- A separate application is required for each portion of land held under separate valuation references.
To apply for a LIM, please complete the form below and return to Council with payment.
How much does a LIM cost?
It depends on what the LIM is for and how quickly you need it. We have different categories:
- Residential Standard (provided within 10 working days)
- Residential Urgent (provided within 3 working days, dependent on staff availability)
- Commercial Standard - also includes properties over 2.5 hectares (provided within 10 working days)
- Commercial Urgent (provided within 3 working days, dependent on staff availability)
Please refer to our fees and charges page for current prices.
Payment must be submitted with the application. Council reserves the right to make an additional charge where search requirements are unusually complex or extensive.