How it works
- Fees are payable for a building consent. These fees cover consent processing, inspections and issue of Code Compliance Certificate.
- Once the application is granted, an invoice will be sent for the fees and levies where applicable.
- Payment can be made by EFTPOS, credit card, bank transfer, or cash.
- If paying by credit card, a merchant fee of 2% may be applied to the payment. This fee is charged by the credit card and merchant service providers. Council does not retain any part of this fee.
- Occasionally, additional fees may arise if after we've issued the building consent, there are changes to the proposed building work that require an amendment to be lodged; or additional inspections required. (e.g. cancelled bookings and re-inspection on failed work)
Fees all applicants pay
Find out which fees all applicants have to pay.
Other fees that may apply
- Additional fees may apply depending on the type and value of your consent.
- Building Research Association of New Zealand (BRANZ) Levy - If the value of your consent is $20,000 or more, a BRANZ levy of $1.00 for every $1,000 and of the part thereof will be charged.
- Ministry of Building, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) Levy - If the value of your consent is $20,444 or more, a MBIE levy of $2.01 (including GST) will also apply for every $1,000 or part thereof. The building levy rate from 1 July 2020 is $1.75 including GST.
- Development contribution may be applicable based on the activity of the consent.
Please note: If you withdraw your consent, you will be liable for any processing fees incurred to date.