Creative Communities Scheme
The Creative Communities Scheme (CCS) is a relationship between Creative New Zealand and local authorities, and supports opportunities for New Zealanders to participate in the arts in their local area. Each local authority has an assessment panel representative of its community, and these panels make the funding decisions. For more information please visit the Creative Communities New Zealand website.
- opens Friday 4 November 2022 - closes Friday 2 December 2022
- opens Monday 6 February 2023 - closes Friday 13 March 2023
- opens Monday 3 July 2023 - closes Friday 4 August 2023 2023
Can I get funding for my project?
To get funding through CCS your art project must do at least one of the following:
- Participation - Your project will create opportunities for local communities to engage with and participate in the arts.
- Diversity - Your project will support the diverse arts and cultural traditions of local communities, enriching and promoting their uniqueness and cultural diversity.
- Young People - Your project will enable and encourage young people (under 18 years) to engage with and actively participate in the arts
Your project must also:
- take place within the Waitaki District
- be completed within 12 months of funding being approved
- benefit local communities
- not have started or finished before CCS funding is approved
- not have already been funded through Creative New Zealand’s other arts funding programmes.
Who can apply?
- You must be an individual or group. Individuals must be New Zealand citizens or permanent residents.
- If you have already received funding from CCS for a project, you must complete a report on that project before making another application, unless the project is still in progress.
- If this project has already received funding from one of Creative New Zealand’s other funding programmes you will not be able to also receive CCS funding for the same project.
How to apply
You can apply for this grant via our online application form.
Or you can send a printable Creative Communities Application Form(PDF, 361KB) to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information on the Creative Communities Scheme, please contact telephone 03 433 0300 or email email@example.com.