There are many payment options available for making an infringement notice payment to the Council. Use this page to help find the right payment option for you.
If you would like to pay by cash, cheque, EFTPOS or Credit Card* at the Council offices, you are welcome to visit
- The main Council office at 20 Thames Street, Oamaru. or
- our service centre at 54 Tiverton Street, Palmerston.
: a 1.5% merchant fee will be charged for credit cards to cover the cost of this payment option.
Telephone or internet banking ( bank transfer)
You can arrange with your bank to pay an infringement notice by telephone or Internet banking.
Please use the following details when making your payment by online banking to ensure it will be receipted correctly.
- Enter the correct information in each of the 3 fields your bank provides for you; 'Particulars', 'Code', and 'Reference'.
|Parking Tickets||No choice here, defaults to "PARKING TCKT"||Registration Number of the motor vehicle on the Infringement Notice. |
This can be up to six alpha-numeric characters.(e.g. WDC123)
|Infringement No. from the top of Parking Ticket. |
Must start with "IN" followed by the six-digit infringement number (e.g. IN999999).
|Other Infringements||No choice here, defaults to "INFRINGEMENT"||The type of infringement: |
'LITTER'; 'ANIMAL'; 'FREEDOM CAMPING'; or 'OTHER'
|The Infringement Number from the Infringement Notice. |
: make sure the reference starts with the letters "IN" followed by the infringement number.
For 'Litter' the number is found at the bottom of the infringement notice (currently up to five-digits e.g. IN08757).
For 'Animal' is found at the top of the infringement notice (currently up to four-digits e.g. IN9999).
- Use the samples below to ensure you enter the correct infringement number on the notices.
- Please do not make one transfer for several accounts- for example, three rate accounts, a water account and a dog registration.
- Please split the payment with the appropriate payment particular and reference details to ensure that it is paid to the correct account.
Waitaki e-Services ( credit cards)
By using Waitaki e-Services, you can pay infringement notices online, which include:
- Parking tickets
- Animal control
- Building control
- Resource management
- Freedom camping
- Waitaki e-Services accept and only. Due to the bank security restrictions, currently payments are only accepted from credit cards issued in the following countries: New Zealand, Australia, United Kingdom, Canada, USA and Germany.
- A merchant fee of 2% normally applies to the payment, which is charged by the credit card and merchant service providers. Council does not retain any part of this fee.
- You should check with the Bank that issued your credit card for details about other fees or charges that may also apply, as this credit card transaction is carried out in terms of the arrangement between you and your card issuer.
- Transactions are processed by Council within three working days of the payment.
- At the end of a transaction, you will be given a reference number. Receipts for online payments are not available, however you can either print the screen or note down the details for future reference.
- Please contact us regarding refunds for overpayments or incorrect payments.
Terms and Conditions