Temporary Traffic Management Plan
If working on the road will affect general traffic, then you need to organise temporary traffic management.
The NZ Transport Agency’s Code of Practice for Temporary Traffic Management (CoPTTM) describes best practice for the safe and efficient management and operation of Temporary Traffic Management (TTM) equipment on all roads in New Zealand.
CoPTTM applies to any activity that varies the normal conditions of any road and applies to the full width of the corridor. An approved Traffic Management Plan is necessary to carry out work within the road corridor as required under the CoPTTM.
For further information please go to NZ Transport Agency’s Code of Practice for Temporary Traffic Management.
What does the TMP process involve?
From 31 December 2020 temporary traffic management planners must pass the TTM planner assessment and hold a TTM planner warrant in order to design and submit TMPs. For those who do not yet hold a TTM planner warrant, or who enter the industry or this role after 31 December 2020 a probationary planner process is required.
Who can prepare a TMP for me?
If you are not a qualified STMS and/or have no access to TTM equipment, the following contractors are available for this service in the Waitaki district:
- Downer NZ - Phone 03 433 1253
- Fulton Hogan - Phone 03 433 1129
- Kiwi Traffic Solutions - Phone 022 079 3497
- Plan It Traffic Management - Phone 021 605 941
- SouthRoads - Phone 03 437 9010
- STMSnz Traffic Management - Phone 0508 786 769
- Traffic Management and Control - Phone 03 474 5341
- Traffic Management NZ Ltd - Phone 0800 532 222
- Whitestone Contracting - Phone 03 433 0240
- Qualis - Phone 0800 900 747 or 027 900 0654