- At this stage, kerbside rubbish collectors will continue to operate as usual during Alert Level 4
- During Alert Level 4, you will not be able to drop household rubbish bags off at the Waitaki Resource Recovery Park or the Waste Management Refuse Station in Oamaru
- Oamaru's Waste Management Refuse Station will only accept waste from essential services and will only be open Monday to Friday
- If you don’t currently have a kerbside rubbish collection service, please call one of the following businesses directly to organise this - Awamoa bins on 034349445; WasteCo on 0800 341 11 11; or Waste Management on 03 434 0031 (wait and push option 3)
- Both the Waitaki Resource Recovery Park and Waihemo Wastebusters are closed
- Waihemo Wastebusters will not be operating their blue bag collection service over the next four weeks
- During Alert Level 4, due to hygiene factors, there will not be any recycling drop-off services available (including township recycling depots). You will either need to clean and store your recyclables, or dispose of them with your rubbish.
Council owned rural Recovery Parks /Transfer stations (Hampden, Kurow, Otematata, Omarama) and Palmerston Landfill
- Hampden - Wednesday and Sunday – 9am to 11am
- Kurow - Wednesday and Sunday – 1pm to 3pm
- Otematata - Wednesday and Sunday – 1pm to 3pm
- Omarama - Wednesday and Sunday – 9am to 11am
- Palmerston Landfill – Tuesday and Sunday – 11am to 1pm
- Only bags of household/domestic waste and essential commercial waste will be accepted.
- There will be no charge for bags, however, there is a limit of 2 bags per car, per week (we are recording car registrations to monitor this)
- Commercial waste from current account holders will be accepted with no gate charge, and invoiced later.
- No recycling (either clean and store at home, or dispose of as rubbish)
- No green waste
- Place all waste in the marked area
- One person out of a car at any one time only
- Please do not talk to the booth operator
- Please leave promptly
Please do not enter one of our sites if:
- you are unwell;
- have travelled outside of NZ in the last 14 days; or
- have been in close contact with someone with a confirmed or suspected case of Covid-19.