Are you eligible?
- you pay rates on the address you live at,
- you were living at the same property at the beginning of the rating year (1 July),
- you own the property and your name is on the rates invoice, and
- the total income of the owners of the property is within the range given.
How to apply
- Every person commits an offence who -
- (a) for the purpose of obtaining any rates rebate under this Act, for themselves or others makes any statement or declaration knowing it to be false in any particular, or wilfully misleads or attempts to mislead any person concerned in the administration of this Act or any other person whatsoever, or
- (b) refuses or fails to comply with any requirements under section 11, or refuses or fails to answer any question put to them pursuant to that section, or knowingly gives any false or misleading answer to any such question.
Find out more
Page reviewed: 14 Jul 2020 3:42pm