There are many payment options available for making a debtor account payment to the Council. Use this page to help find the right payment option for you.
Get your invoices by email
You can choose to receive your debtor account statement/invoice by email. Sign up here
for the email service.
- Simply complete a Direct Debit Form and return it to us or for processing. Scanned, emailed or faxed Direct Debit forms can be accepted from the following banks: BNZ, ANZ, ASB, Citi bank, HSBC, Kiwibank, TSB and Westpac.
- Please print both pages - the terms and conditions on the second page must be seen to be part of the form.
- Written confirmation will be sent to you once the direct debit authority is in place.
Do not take the form to your bank to set up.
This direct debit is initiated by Council and therefore the form needs to be received by Council.
If you would like to pay by cash, cheque, EFTPOS or Credit Card* at the Council offices, you are welcome to visit
- The main Council office at 20 Thames Street, Oamaru. or
- our service centre at 54 Tiverton Street, Palmerston.
: a 1.5% merchant fee will be charged for credit cards to cover the cost of this payment option.
Telephone or internet banking (bank transfer)
You can arrange with your bank to pay a debtor account by telephone or Internet banking.
Please use the following details when making your payment by online banking to ensure it will be receipted correctly.
- Enter the correct information in each of the 3 fields your bank provides for you; 'Particulars', 'Code', and 'Reference'.
|Customer Name from the Debtor Account. |
Enter surname, a space then initials or company name only. Limit 12 characters.
| "DEBTOR ACCT ".||Debtor Account Number from the top of the invoice. |
This is a four digit number followed by a decimal point "." then another two digits.
There is no alpha characters.
Some banks may not allow the use of a decimal point. If this is the case for your bank, replace the decimal point with a blank space (e.g. 8888.88 or 8888 88).
- Use the samples below to ensure you enter the correct Debtor Account number on the invoice.
- Please do not make one transfer for several accounts- for example, three rate accounts, a water account and a dog registration.
- Please split the payment with the appropriate payment particular and reference details to ensure that it is paid to the correct account.
Waitaki e-Services (credit cards)
- Waitaki e-Services accept and only. Due to the bank security restrictions, currently payments are only accepted from credit cards issued in the following countries: New Zealand, Australia, United Kingdom, Canada, USA and Germany.
- A merchant fee of 2% normally applies to the payment, which is charged by the credit card and merchant service providers. Council does not retain any part of this fee.
- You should check with the Bank that issued your credit card for details about other fees or charges that may also apply, as this credit card transaction is carried out in terms of the arrangement between you and your card issuer.
- Transactions are processed by Council within three working days of the payment.
- At the end of a transaction, you will be given a reference number. Receipts for online payments are not available, however you can either print the screen or note down the details for future reference.
- Please contact us regarding refunds for overpayments or incorrect payments.
Terms and ConditionsPlease acknowledge you have read and understood the Terms and Conditions before proceeding to Waitaki e-Services.