Waitaki Residents' Survey
The Residents' Survey is one way in which the Council gets the views and opinions of the community on services such as water, roading and libraries. Over 400 residents across the district were contacted by phone and asked a series of questions, then the results were compiled by Key Research.
2019/2020 Residents' Survey results
The following is the Executive Summary from the report:
- Overall satisfaction with Waitaki District Council's performance improved from 41% satisfied residents (scoring 7 to 10 out of 10 ) in 2019 to 46% in 2020. Council's reputation benchmark score is excellent and has also increased from +77 a year ago to +83 in 2020. Value for money primarily drives overall perceptions of Council's performance and as satisfaction with this area is relatively low, it presents the best area for improving performance evaluation.
- Council's performance regarding the maintenance of the District's Sealed and Unsealed roading networks has improved since 2019 with 46% and 33% satisfied residents, respectively. There is also an increase in user satisfaction for the following public facilities: Council owned Lakes camping grounds, Oamaru Opera House, Public toilets, Parks and reserves, Sports fields and Aquatic centre. Satisfaction with the Resource recovery park. Library services, Cemeteries and Water supply has declined compared with 2019.
- Satisfaction with the Performance of the Mayor and Councillors and Waihemo Community Board members has increased while satisfaction with the Performance of Ahuriri Community Board members has declined since 2019. There is a considerable increase in satisfaction concerning Councils' consultation with the community with more than half of the residents 51% satisfied compared to 47% in the previous year.
- Improvement priorities for Waitaki District Council overall point to How rates are spent and Rates and Service fees being fair and reasonable, Trust and Unsealed roading network. Council should maintain its performance regarding the Quality of its services and facilities while promoting the value of the following services and facilities: Lakes camping, grounds, Water supply, Public toilets Sports fields and Public toilets.
- Overall satisfaction with Council's Civil Defence Emergency Management has significantly improved from 61% in 2019 to 70% in 2020. The proportion of residents who have lodged a roading request with the Council remains at the same level as 2019 which is 17%.
2020 Residents' Survey Report
Previous Residents' Survey Reports