No longer on display. Expired on
12 July 2023, 04:00 PM
Application Numbers: Chen 201.2022.2007 & 202.2022.2007, Martin 201.2021.1802 & 202.2021.1802, Weir 201.2021.1793 & 202.2021.1793, Yang 201.2022.2006 & 202.2022.2006
Applicant: Max & Helen Martin, Les Weir, Peter Chen, and Nan Yang
Site Location: 97 Gardiners Road, 67 Gardiners Road, Lot 3 DP 356427, and Lot 5 DP 356427 Gardiners Road, Awamoa. The sites are located in the Rural General Zone under the Waitaki District Plan and are partially subject to areas of High Class Soils.
Proposal: Each application seeks a two-lot subdivision of land in order to separate the 4 hectare titles into two separate 2 hectare titles. Each new title will contain a residential building platform and are proposed to be utilised for rural residential lifestyle properties.
The proposal requires resource consent in accordance with the District Plan for the following reasons:
- Non-complying activity subdivision consent is required pursuant to Rule 14.3.5 as the proposed 2-hectare allotments will not comply with the minimum net lot area requirement (4-hectares) of the Rural General Zone set out in Rule 14.4.1(a).
- Discretionary activity land-use consent is required to register residential building platforms within 20m of the internal boundary setback as required by Rule 4.4.4.
Overall, the activity is considered as a non-complying activity.
The application includes an assessment of environmental effects and a landscape assessment.
Submissions will be received at the office of the Waitaki District Council, Private Bag 50058, 20 Thames Street, Oamaru, no later than 4 pm, 12 July 2023.
Submissions can be made by any person, in writing and must be dated and signed, and include the following information:
- Your name, postal address, telephone number (fax/email address if applicable);
- Details of the application in respect of which you are making the submission;
- Whether you support or oppose the application;
- Your submission, with reasons;
- The decision that you wish Council to make; and,
- Whether you wish to be heard in support of your submission.
The application can be viewed and submission form obtained at the Waitaki District Council Office, 20 Thames Street, Oamaru, during normal office hours or on the Council’s website here(PDF, 131KB). A copy of your submission must be also served on the applicant as soon as reasonably practicable.
Council’s Address for Service:
The Waitaki District Council, Private Bag 50058, Oamaru, 9444
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicant Address for Service:
Via Email: email@example.com
Via Postal Address: Terramark Limited, Level 1, 330 Moray Place, Dunedin 9016
Via Phone: 03 477 4783