Rate instalment due dates 2017-18 rating year
|One||25 August 2017|
|Two||25 November 2017|
|Three||25 February 2018|
|Four||25 May 2018 |
Paying rates when you own multiple properties (rating units)
Search your property and rate online
Ways to make a payment
- Simply complete a and return it to us or for processing. We don't accept forms by email or fax.
- Please print both pages - the terms and conditions on the second page must be seen to be part of the form.
- Written confirmation will be sent to you once the direct debit authority is in place.
Do not scan, fax or take the form to your bank to set up.
This direct debit is initiated by Council and therefore the form needs to be received by Council.
If you would like to pay by cash, cheque, EFTPOS or Credit Card* at the Council offices, you are welcome to visit
- The main Council office at 20 Thames Street, Oamaru. or
- our service centre at 54 Tiverton Street, Palmerston.
: a 1.5% merchant fee will be charged for credit cards to cover the cost of this payment option.
Telephone or internet banking (bank transfer)
You can arrange with your bank to pay rates by telephone or Internet banking.
Please use the following details when making your payment by online banking to ensure it will be receipted correctly.
- Enter the correct information in each of the 3 fields your bank provides for you; "Particulars", "Code", and "Reference".
|Customer Name from the Rates Assessment Notice. |
Enter surname, a space then initials or company name only. Limit 12 characters.
|"Rates".||Rates Assessment Number from the Notice. |
This is a six-digit number with no alpha characters (e.g. 123456 )
- Please do not make one transfer for several accounts- for example, three rate accounts, a water account and a dog registration.
- Split the payment with the appropriate payment particular and reference details to ensure that the payment is made to the correct account.
- Ratepayers with automatic payments are responsible for keeping these up to date. This means ensuring the amounts are sufficient to clear the rates by all of the required due dates, that the Assessment References are correct, and that they are cancelled if a property is sold .
Waitaki e-Services (credit cards)
- A merchant fee of 2% normally applies to the payment, which is charged by the credit card and merchant service providers. Council does not retain any part of this fee. Until , this fee will be met by Council for e-Services transactions only .
- You should check with the Bank that issued your credit card for details about other fees or charges that may also apply, as this credit card transaction is carried out in terms of the arrangement between you and your card issuer.
- Transactions are processed by Council within three working days of the payment. Please keep this in mind when paying rates close to the instalment penalty date.
- At the end of a transaction, you will be given a reference number. Receipts for online payments are not available, however you can either print the screen or note down the details for future reference.
- Please contact us regarding refunds for overpayments or incorrect payments.
Terms and Conditions
Please acknowledge you have read and understood the Terms and Conditions before proceeding to Waitaki e-Services.