Nau mai, haere mai!
Welcome to the collective of libraries that make up Waitaki District Libraries. Our central library is located in Ōamaru and we have five other libraries located in Hampden, Palmerston, Ōtematata, Ōmārama and Kurow. Depending on where you live or work, you may favour one library over another, but it is good to know that you can access all our libraries with just the one library card.
In becoming a library member you can also access all of our free digital collections as well as our physical collections. If you would like to find out more about library membership please go HERE.
Not a library member? No problem.
Naturally, we would love you to join our library but we understand if you only need to use one or two of our services. You do not need to be a member to use any of the following:
- Access to our free Wi-Fi
- Access to our free public computers/printing and scanning services.
- Library events and programs
- JP visits
- A quiet place to study
- Bathroom facilities (for a list of accessibility sites - please see our Visit pages)
Update your details
You can give us a ring on 03 433 050 or email us to request an update.
You can also update your details online (be sure to have your library barcode number and pin/password handy) and follow these simple steps:
1) Sign in using your library barcode number and password (your password is almost always your first name in lower case letters)
2) Go to Your Personal Details on the lower left navigation panel.
3) Now update your details and save.
Reset your password
If you don't know your password, library staff are the only people who can reassign you a new one. Please ring us on 03 433 0850 or come in and see us.
If you know your password but you want to change it you can do so by logging into your account.