Preventing frost damage
How to lag outside water pipes
- Turn off your water supply at the street. If you can't, contact your plumber.
- Phone your insurance company if there is water damage as they will advise exactly what you should do.
- Call your plumber in to undertake repairs, but talk to your insurer about this first.
- If water is leaking out of the ceiling or the walls, turn off your electricity at the meter box. Call your electrician immediately.
- Open all doors and windows where practical to allow your property to dry.
- Protect personal possessions and documents.
Page reviewed: 13 Jun 2016 11:40am