Conserving water and preventing water waste
- Turn your taps off properly and repair dripping taps, leaking pipes or toilet cisterns.
- Turn taps off while you shave and brush your teeth.
- Use your dishwasher and washing machine only when full.
- Limit the time you spend in the shower.
- Use a bucket to collect waste (grey) water from the shower, the washing machine or the sink to water plants or use on the lawn.
- Use a bucket to wash your car, rather than a hose.
- Unlined or uncovered water features, ponds or water storage units
- Fixed garden irrigation systems
- Fixed lawn irrigation systems
- Irrigation or watering by fixed or portable devices
Page reviewed: 11 May 2017 11:48am