There are many payment options available for making a water rate payment to the Council. Use this page to help find the right payment option for you.
- Simply complete a Direct Debit Form and return it to us or for processing. Scanned, emailed or faxed Direct Debit forms can be accepted from the following banks: BNZ, ANZ, ASB, Citi bank, HSBC, Kiwibank, TSB and Westpac.
- Please print both pages - the terms and conditions on the second page must be seen to be part of the form.
- Written confirmation will be sent to you once the direct debit authority is in place.
Do not take the form to your bank to set up.
This direct debit is initiated by Council and therefore the form needs to be received by Council.
If you would like to pay by cash, cheque, EFTPOS or Credit Card* at the Council offices, you are welcome to visit
- The main Council office at 20 Thames Street, Oamaru. or
- our service centre at 54 Tiverton Street, Palmerston.
: a 1.5% merchant fee will be charged for credit cards to cover the cost of this payment option.
Telephone or internet banking (bank transfer)
You can arrange with your bank to pay water rates by telephone or Internet banking.
Please use the following details when making your payment by online banking to ensure that it will be receipted correctly.
- Enter the correct information in each of the 3 fields your bank provides for you; 'Particulars', 'Code', and 'Reference'.
|Customer Name from the Water Account. |
Enter surname, a space then initials or company name only. Limit 12 characters.
|"WATER ACCT".||Water Account Number from the top of the invoice. |
Must start with "WB" followed by the six-digit water account number (e.g. WB654321).
- Use the samples below to ensure you enter the correct Water Account number on the invoice.
- Please do not make one transfer for several accounts- for example, three rate accounts, a water account and a dog registration.
- Please split the payment with the appropriate payment particular and reference details to ensure that it is paid to the correct account.
Waitaki e-Services (credit cards)
- A merchant fee of 2% normally applies to the payment, which is charged by the credit card and merchant service providers. Council does not retain any part of this fee.
- You should check with the Bank that issued your credit card for details about other fees or charges that may also apply, as this credit card transaction is carried out in terms of the arrangement between you and your card issuer.
- At the end of a transaction, you will be given a reference number. Receipts for online payments are not available, however you can either print the screen or note down the details for future reference.
- Transactions are processed by Council within three working days of the payment.
- Please contact us regarding refunds for overpayments or incorrect payments.
Terms and Conditions
Please acknowledge you have read and understood the Terms and Conditions before proceeding to Waitaki e-Services.