What to recycle
- Clean clear plastic bottles only marked with number 1.
- All other plastics marked with number 2.
All other plastics (type 3 – 7, coloured PET bottles and all trays and punnets – clear or otherwise and even marked with a number 1) should now be treated as rubbish until further notice. This includes all types of polystyrene.
- To check which items recycling drop-off locations will accept, go to drop-off services.
- To check which items contractors will collect, please go to kerbside collection services.
How to recycle
- Decide whether to drop off your recycling or pay to have it picked up.
- Confirm what items your service provider will pick up or drop-off location will accept.
- Before you put any recycling out to be collected or drop it off, please make sure you:
- PLASTICS: Wash and remove lids
- GLASS: Wash/rinse, remove lids, separate colours: Green, Clear, Brown
- STEEL AND ALUMINIUM: Wash/rinse
- PAPER & MAGAZINES: Place brown paper with cardboard, secure together
- CARDBOARD & BROWN PAPER: Flatten