Who pays rates?
Availability of rates information
- Property street address information
- Name and postal address of the property owner
- Annual rates for the property
- Land and capital value of the property
- No financial details are included - such as payments, arrears etc.
Change of postal address
How do I find the amount I owe in rates ?
Rates refund policy
- Rates have been fully paid for the rating year and are in credit for the next rating year, or
- Payment has been made into an incorrect account and the other party has consented to a refund, or
- A property is sold and a rate refund is requested by both the buyer and seller, or
- When in view of the Chief Executive Officer or Chief Financial Officer extraordinary circumstances exist, particularly in relation to hardship, and the account is in credit on an instalment basis.
- Only one refund per ratepayer per year will be made.
- When a property is owned by multiple people, multiple signatures are required on the refund form.
Page reviewed: 26 Sep 2017 12:38pm