The Food Act 2014 sets out the requirements you need to comply with if you're making and selling food for fundraising, want to sell food at occasional events like markets and fairs, or are serving food as part of a club or society.
Food Act registration
- to raise funds for a charity, cultural or community group less than 20 times a year
- provided by members of sports clubs, social clubs or marae – where food is not the purpose of the event
- once in a calendar year at an event such as a local fair.
- fundraising more than 20 times a year
- catering events at clubs, or selling food at club bars or restaurants
- bartering or exchanging food commercially
- selling food commercially at fairs, markets, or community events more than once a year.