The Waihemo Service Centre in Palmerston and Council Offices in Ōamaru are open to the public under Alert Level 1. All protocols for hygiene and safety will be in place. We suggest people use alternate methods to make payments or access services if they can, to avoid any queues or waiting. Please phone and book an appointment if you need to meet with one of our staff and do not visit any Council facility if you are unwell.
Do it online or by phone
- Many day-to-day queries can be handled over the phone or via email.
- Rates payments can be done through your bank account, via direct debit or by card via our website
- Requests for service, animal control requests, noise complaints can be done on the phone, via our website or using the Snap, Send, Solve app.
- You can pay your parking tickets and re-register your dog online.
- All our building forms are available to download and print on the website.
- Updates are available via Facebook and this page.
Regulatory - Building, Planning and Environment
Site Inspections will continue to operate in accordance with the Construction industry protocols under Alert Level 1.
Water supply, wastewater and stormwater
Rubbish and Recycling
Waitaki Lakes Camping Grounds
Parks and reserves, playgrounds, skateparks and drinking fountains
- Wash hands frequently. Try to avoid touching high contact areas such as handrails.
- Maintain a register of places you visit and people you come in contact with.
- If unwell, stay home.
Alps 2 Ocean and walking tracks
Public tennis courts
Boat ramps and jetties
Waitaki Aquatic Centre
- Keep using the NZ COVID Tracer app everywhere
- Keep practising good hygiene
- Do not bring your children to lessons if they are not well
- If you have cold or flu-like symptoms get tested
- Physical distancing is no longer mandatory
Waitaki District Libraries
Waitaki Museum & Archive Te Whare Taoka ō WaitakiExplore the collections online: https://collection.culturewaitaki.org.nz/explore.
Oamaru Opera House
Waitaki District Health Services