Below are questions and answers related to Compliments and Complaints. Please contact us if you have any further enquires.
What if you want to raise a concern about our service?
- Fill Online Feedback Form
- Telephone: (03) 4330300
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Letter: PO Box 50058 Oamaru 9400
- In Person: 20 Thames Street (it is good to phone first so that we can make sure that you speak with the right person).
When should you complain?
- You believe we have failed to provide you with satisfactory service
- You are dissatisfied with a policy or a decision that we have enforced
- You are unhappy with the behaviour or attitude of an employee.
When is a complaint not appropriate?
- The issue is before a Court or Tribunal, or the Court or Tribunal has already made a decision
- You ask us to reconsider a complaint when we have already given you our final decision
- When you refuse to give your name. Council does not receive anonymous complaints. We have strict guidelines around confidentiality, and we do not give out your details without your permission.
Do I have a right of appeal?