Make a Payment
Building Consent Fees
- Fees are payable when you apply for a building consent. These fees cover consent processing, inspections and issue of Code Compliance Certificate.
- Applicants pay a deposit when we accept your application online and you will receive an invoice for the payment. Once the application is granted, a second invoice will be sent for the remainder of the fees and levies where applicable. A merchant fee of 2% normally applies to the payment, which is charged by the credit card and merchant service providers. Council does not retain any part of this fee.
- You can also pay by EFTPOS, credit card, bank transfer, cash, or by attaching a cheque to your building consent application in the Council Office.
- Occasionally, additional fees may arise if as we work on applications we find additional areas that need investigation; after we've issued the building consent, there are changes to the proposed building work that require an amendment to be lodged; or additional inspections required. (e.g. cancelled bookings and re-inspection on failed work)
- Additional fees may apply depending on the type and value of your consent.
- Building Research Association of New Zealand (BRANZ) Levy - If the value of your consent is $20,000 or more, a BRANZ levy of $1.00 for every $1,000 and of the part thereof will be charged.
- Ministry of Building, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) Levy - If the value of your consent is $20,444 or more, a MBIE levy of $2.01 (including GST) will also apply for every $1,000 or part thereof.
- Development contribution may be applicable based on the activity of the consent.: If you withdraw your consent, the deposit will not be refunded if the consent has been granted.
Other types of applications & their fees
Project value & building level
Page reviewed: 08 Mar 2019 3:18pm