- Prevents intoxication
- Does not serve alcohol to minors
- Provides and actively promotes low-alcohol and non-alcoholic alternatives
- Provides and actively promotes substantial food
- Serves alcohol responsibly or not at all
- Arranges safe transport options
Host responsibility policy guidelines
- Various food promotions and specials are available cheaply and quickly.
- Low-alcohol and non-alcoholic drinks are promoted and readily available and staff have a positive attitude towards these drinks.
- The premises supports a designated driver scheme.
- Safe drinking and driving levels are actively encouraged.
- Tea, coffee and iced water are available at the bars. Water is free of charge.
- There is clear signage about the size of spirits served – doubles or singles.
- Clear and obvious notices about the laws relating to serving minors and intoxicated persons are displayed.
Guidelines for licensed premises
A sample host responsibility policy is available below in both PDF and Word version. This sample contains the type of information that should be included.
Page reviewed: 15 Aug 2016 10:19am