How must you fly?
to view the operating rules in full.
- Fly a drone over a sports field if it’s in use.
- Fly within 4km of any aerodrome or airport (unless a specific permit has been granted).
- Operate within 20 metres of or be flown over other people in the area.
- Fly over or within 50 metres of livestock on parks, sensitive wildlife habitats such as wetlands, or nesting or roosting birds.
- Operate within 20 metres of or fly over park buildings and overhead wires.
- Operate over dry flammable vegetation.
- Fly over adjoining private properties.
- Be courteous of others.
- Keep the UAV in full view at all times (eg not operated through binoculars, video monitor or smartphone, unless an observer is present).
- Fly in daylight hours only.
- Cease operation if requested by council staff.
Page reviewed: 02 Oct 2017 11:33am