- Advise the Waitaki District Council and advocates for youth interests in local government decisions.
- Identifies youth related issues and opportunities in the Waitaki district.
- Make submissions to local and central government.
- Organise or support youth orientated events.
- Identify short, medium and long term goals for our young people, and work towards achieving them.
- Support initiatives that encourage young people to get involved in community events, and to volunteer their time.
- Learn meeting procedure.
Being part of Youth Council
- Attend and actively participate in monthly Youth Council meetings.
- Seek the views from peers on youth related issues.
- Play an active part in decision making, and take ownership of any follow up roles created as a result of these decisions.
- Undertake any reading or other preparation required for upcoming meetings.
Youth Council meetings
Contact the Youth Council
Page reviewed: 27 Sep 2018 10:34am