Residents’ SurveyThe Residents' Survey is one way in which Council gets the views and opinions of the community on services such as water, roading and libraries. Over 400 residents across the district were contacted by phone and asked a series of questions, then the results were compiled by Key Research.
2019/2020 Residents' Survey results
The following is the Executive Summary from the report:
- Overall satisfaction with improved from 41% satisfied residents (scoring 7 to 10 out of 10 ) in 2019 to 46% in 2020. is excellent and has also increased from +77 a year ago to +83 in 2020. primarily drives overall perceptions of and as satisfaction with this area is relatively low, it presents the best area for improving performance evaluation.
- Council’s performance regarding the maintenance of the District’s has improved since 2019 with 46% and 33% satisfied residents, respectively. There is also an increase in user satisfaction for the following public facilities: . Satisfaction with the has declined compared with 2019.
- Satisfaction with the and has increased while satisfaction with the members has declined since 2019. There is a considerable increase in satisfaction concerningwith more than half of the residents 51% satisfied compared to 47% in the previous year.
- Improvement priorities for Waitaki District Council overall point to and R Council should maintain its performance regarding the and facilities while promoting the value of the following services and facilities:
- Overall satisfaction with Council’s has significantly improved from 61% in 2019 to 70% in 2020. The proportion of residents who have lodged a roading request with Council remains at the same level as 2019 which is 17%.
To view the full report please click on the link below.