Ohau Fire Recovery information
The Waitaki Emergency Operations Centre is working with partner agencies to assist those affected by fire at Lake Ohau in October 2020. For more information contact Waitaki Emergency Operations welfare staff on 027 213 1508.
Please go to our Ohau Fire Recovery page to find information for Residents and Ratepayers affected by the fire.
Updates on the Ohau and Livingstone fires
UPDATE 2.30PM Monday Oct 12 2020
UPDATE 9am Oct 8 2020
UPDATE 5.45pm Oct 7 2020
FENZ UPDATE 5:45PM: FIRE AT LAKE OHAU
Fire crews have made good progress today. As of this evening 91% of the perimeter is controlled to 50m (meaning no hot spots within 50m) and the remaining 9% controlled to 10m (meaning no hot spots within 10m).
Two crews will be on scene to monitor overnight. Drones will also fly over the area tonight to map for any hot spots.
Tomorrow crews will return to the fire ground and continue to secure the fire perimeter, identify potential hazards and manage any hot spots.
We will also continue work with Waitaki District Council to arrange managed access for residents.
Waitaki District Council is progressing with assessments of critical infrastructure - water supply, sewerage and roads.
UPDATE 2.30pm Oct 7 2020
UPDATE 11.10am Oct 7 2020
UPDATE 9am Oct 7 2020
UPDATE 6.30pm Oct 6 2020
UPDATE 6.27pm Oct 7 2020
UPDATE 6pm Oct 6 2020
UPDATE 12.00pm Oct 6 2020
UPDATE 7.30am Oct 6 2020
UPDATE 6pm Oct 5 2020
UPDATE 5.30pm Oct 5 2020
UPDATE 5pm Oct 5 2020
UPDATE 1.30pm Oct 5 2020
UPDATE 11:30am Oct 5 2020
UPDATE 10:30am Monday Oct 5 2020:
UPDATE 7:30am Monday Oct 5 2020:
UPDATE 8:30pm Oct 4 2020:
UPDATE 4.00pm Oct 4 2020:
UPDATE 3.00pm Sunday 4 Oct 2020:
UPDATE 1.00pm Sunday 4 Oct 2020
UPDATE 11.30am Sunday 4 Oct 2020
UPDATE 11.15am Sunday 4 Oct 2020
UPDATE 10am Sunday 4 Oct 2020
UPDATE 8am Sunday 4 Oct 2020