Who can vote?

​​​​​​​​Anyone who is correctly enrolled ​can vote in the local elections where they live.

Do you pay rates in Waitaki but live somewhere else?

If you pay rates in Waitaki, but live somewhere else and you want to vote in the Waitaki elections as well as the elections where you live​, you will need to be on our ratepayer roll.

To go on our ratepayer roll, please complete the application below.  You will need to sign and return it to our Deputy El​ectoral Officer​ so they can check your eligibility. 

​​​Are you living overseas?

Overseas voters can take part, but must ensure that they are correctly enrolled with an overseas postal address in order to receive their voting papers. Voting papers for local elections cannot be downloaded.

​Are you registered on the unpublished roll?

If you are registered on the unpublished roll, you will need to apply for a special vote during the 3-week voting period. Please see the notes in regards to special voting​.

Page reviewed: 07 Nov 2016 4:56pm