- We understand the importance of the community’s views and ensure they remain engaged throughout the process
- Integration of related strategies, plans and projects to enable a sequencing of priorities.
- We know what the future holds for the Oamaru Harbour Space and its surrounding areas.
- Identify key land uses, activities and improvements through a spatial plan
- Development of a plan that acts as a funnel for development initiatives.
- The Heritage features all require investment now and into the future, which is beyond our current planning and financial means, leading to further decline and potential loss
- A lack of shared vision is leading to ad-hoc decisions, causing uncertainty and community tension, meaning we are missing opportunities to remedy the key issues.
- Incomplete projects, disjointed elements, a lack of obvious connection to our town centre and the surrounding area, causes confusion, diminishing people’s experience.
- Coastal processes, climate change, new wildlife habitats, poor visual amenity from built form, all provide mounting environmental pressure and investment uncertainty.
- Enhancing the Harbour in sympathy with the town’s heritage, creating a unique experience that residents are proud of, attracting visitors
- Confidence - attracting increased investment in the Harbour area
- Keep adding to the Harbour area’s vitality in a planned way that complements and benefits the town centre where possible.
- Protecting wildlife and improving underlying environmental outcomes, helping people enjoy and understand both.
Updated on 19 February 2019
- Land use and spatial plan
- Transport, connectivity and accessibility
- Heritage and environment
Where are we talking about?
Why a masterplan?
What does the community think?
- What do you like the most about the Oamaru Harbour Area?
- What would you most like to see changed at the Oamaru Harbour Area?
- Looking ahead, in 30 years what do you want the Oamaru Harbour area to look like and how do you think it should function?
Early engagement results
Waitaki District Coastal Hazards-Otago Regional Council-January 2019
Draft Oamaru Harbour Master Plan - Strategic Property Assessment
Draft Oamaru Harbour Transport Considerations
Draft Oamaru Harbour Master Plan
ILM - Oamaru Harbour
19 February Full Council Meeting Agenda
Oamaru HarbOUR Space Masterplan
Oamaru HarbOUR Space Masterplan draft Establishment Report
HarbOUR Space submissions v1.3
HarbOUR Space survey1 results summary
Land Status Harbour
District Plan- Harbour
Oamaru Harbour Development Strategy-2011
Area of Focus and Influence