Waitaki Biodiversity Fund
The fund application opens now till 24 Feb. The next run will be open from 1 July to 14 September.
What’s it for?
This $30,000 annual fund has been established to support landowners who are taking practical steps to protect and enhance indigenous biodiversity in the Waitaki District, principally on private land.
- Protection of native habitat through fencing and other measures.
- Long term legal protection of native habitat through covenants (i.e. QEII).
- Management of threats to biodiversity such as pest animals and weeds.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for funding a project should either:
- Be protected by a formal covenant (i.e. QEII), OR:
- Be recognised as a Significant Natural Area, OR:
- Meet the Significant Natural Area criteria
If you are unsure whether you are eligible please contact the Biodiversity Coordinator for more information. You can contact them by email firstname.lastname@example.org, over the phone 03 433 0300 or by completing the Biodiversity enhancement enquiry form in the link below and return it to Council.
Our planning team staff are more than happy to answer any questions you have on the Biodiversity fund.