Waitaki Biodiversity Fund
The fund application opens now till 14 May. The next run will be open from 1 July to 14 September.
What’s it for?
This $30,000 annual fund has been established to support landowners who are taking practical steps to protect and enhance indigenous biodiversity in the Waitaki District, principally on private land.
- Protection of native habitat through fencing and other measures.
- Long term legal protection of native habitat through covenants (i.e. QEII).
- Management of threats to biodiversity such as pest animals and weeds.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for funding a project should either:
- Be protected by a formal covenant (i.e. QEII), OR:
- Be recognised as a Significant Natural Area, OR:
- Meet the Significant Natural Area criteria
If you are unsure whether you are eligible please contact the Biodiversity Coordinator for more information. You can contact them by email firstname.lastname@example.org, over the phone 03 433 0300 or by completing the Biodiversity enhancement enquiry form in the link below and return it to Council.