Water ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​notices


​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Current ​​​​​​​Boil and Conserve​ water notices

​​​Wa​ter Sch​eme​


Date issued​


Hampden - Moeraki ​​​water supply ​​

​Please conserve water until further notice, for more information please see below.



​​Lakes Camp S​ites

​​​Please boil drinking water at the lakes camp sites.​



​Bushy Creek

​​Boil Water Notice in place as the water supply is not treated.​​​​




​​Boil Water Notice in place as the water supply is not treated.​​​



​​​Water restrictions for residents connected to Hampden - Moeraki water supply​

Updated: 4.30pm, Friday 15 Dec​ember 2017 

Residents connected to the Hampden - Moeraki water supply are being asked to conserve water until further notice due to the supply running very low and water use on this supply has increased to a critical level. 

Conserving water use will allow all customers to have water and keep interruptions of the supply of water to a minimum. Please conserve water until further notice.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience over this period.​

For more information please download Leaflet for Hampden-Moeraki resid​ents (PDF, 205kb)​

Conserve water - What we would like you to do:

  • Please don't wash your cars and boats.
  • Please don't refill your swimming pool.
  • Please ensure all taps are turned off thoroughly to avoid any dripping.
  • Please don't water your lawns and garden but if you need to water your vegetable garden, please do it with a hand-held hose.
  • Please put a plug in the sink when washing your dishes and vegetables.
  • Please run your washing machine and dishwasher when it is fully loaded.
  • Please turn off the tap when brushing your teeth or shaving.
  • All commercial users are requested to minimise usage.

​Y​ou may need to boil drinking water (and water used for preparing food and brushing teeth) if you are on a rural water supply either temporarily, or on an ongoing basis:

  • Temporary boil water notices may be needed due to contamination of the water supply during a one-off event, such as heavy rainfall or flooding.

  • Long-term boil water notices are for untreated supplies and are needed until they are upgraded to meet the Government's Drinking Water Standards.

​​For information on how to boil water for drinking - please visit Environmental Protection Agency website​.

We issue conserve water notices when there has been low rainfall, or for other reasons, such as when work is being done of the supply network. Even when there aren't notices issued, it is a good idea to conserve water at all times.

Rural supplies: 

The intake pumps for rural supplies (which are restricted) sometimes need to be turned off. This usually happens after there has been heavy, prolonged rainfall and the water source becomes dirty or silted up. 

The Council does this to protect the supply from damage and contamination. In these cases, a Conserve Water notice will be placed on this page, and on local radio.​​​​

Page reviewed: 18 Dec 2017 11:14am