Why do we charge Development Contributions?
Reductions or waivers of Development Contributions
- 50% reduction on the roading contribution for each new residential, rural-residential or accommodation development
- 50% reduction on the Ohau water supply for any Ohau properties paying a water half-charge
- 50% reduction on Moeraki wastewater for any Moeraki properties paying a wastewater half-charge
100% reduction (full waiver) on the roading development contribution for new dwellings built on dairy farms as part of the property development.
When payment needs to be made
Reconsiderations and objections
- The Development Contribution was incorrectly calculated or assessed under the Policy; or
- The Council incorrectly applied its Development Contribution Policy; or
- The information used to assess your development against the Policy, or the way the Council has recorded or used it when requiring a Development Contribution, was incomplete or contained errors.
Process for an objection to a development contribution assessment
Development Contributions and Financial Contributions Policy