Waitaki District is the place we call home. We are proud to live, work and play in one of New Zealand’s most scenic and vibrant districts.
Pursuing new opportunities for Waitaki, including:
- UNESCO Global Geopark and UNESCO World Heritage Status
- Cultural Facility Development Project (merging the North Otago Museum, Waitaki District Archive and Forrester Gallery)
- Investing in the maintenance of Oamaru Airport and harbour
- Investing in visitor infrastructure, like the public toilet network and other infrastructure.
A vibrant Waitaki district
- A new indoor recreation and event centre
- Growing the Alps2Ocean's success with a possible new cycle trail from Oamaru to Palmerston
- Spending more money on our roads
Great customer service
- Investing in information system and business improvements
The 'Must dos' - our prioritised job lists
- Improvements in infrastructure - for example, investment in roading.
- Heritage, environment and regulation - our planning and regulation activity assists economic development and resource management.
- Economy and property - for example, maintaining cultural facilities, like the North Otago Museum and the Forrester Gallery.