What is the General Bylaw?
Why the review and why now?
What are the main changes we are proposing?
- Responsible cat ownership (new regulation proposed)
- Keeping of bees in urban areas (more permissive)
- Keeping of roosters in urban areas (more restrictive)
- Keeping of birds (less restrictive)
Tell us what you think
- Post: Draft Waitaki District General Bylaw 2017, Waitaki District Council, Private Bag 50058, Oamaru 9444
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deliver: Council offices in either Oamaru or Palmerston
Our process and keydates
The timeline below provides key dates for the General Bylaw review process.
|Public consultation opens||Monday 3 July 2017|
|Public consultation closes||Thursday 3 August 2017|
|Public hearings||Wednesday 9 August 2017|
|General Bylaw adopted||Wednesday 6 December 2017|